Thursday, May 16, 2013

Journal Covers & Garden

 photo IMG_909blog3_zps2348e99d.jpg

This weekend I'm doing a private workshop so I'm trying out some easy cover layouts to use with the Gelli Arts plate! I started out with two layers of colour, then a white layer (with a word written into it), then a bit of collage. Other than the printing plate, I'm trying to use items that most people would have around the house - basic acrylic paint, scrap paper, pencil crayon. That's it!

If anyone remembers the balcony garden, here's an update:

 photo IMG_909blog4_zps41a4cafd.jpg

Another super wet year, so the tomato has been growing pretty slowly! I think it will keep going though.

 photo IMG_909blog5_zps3c54c4d9.jpg

Blueberry is still very much alive (and lively)!

 photo IMG_909blog6_zps4aa7adde.jpg

Clovers are happy!

 photo IMG_909blog8_zpsea575846.jpg

Strawberries are VERY happy, and soooo tall!

 photo IMG_909blog9_zpsb4e7ab99.jpg

100% success rate for the nasturtium seeds. I don't usually grow from seed because I'm not that good, but these ones are looking pretty happy! I planted them a bit late so they have to catch up. 

The mini roses are still alive somehow (except for #3 but he may still come around from the ground up, who knows) but they will probably not have a great year. 

No comments: