Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Wall Decor DIY

 photo IMG_8636blog_zps78e0c275.jpg

Our bedroom is the one room in the apartment that isn't "homey" and inviting. Well... except maybe the bathroom. This weekend we traded out our old 3/4 mattress for a queen and it is crazy tall! And it is super pain in the butt to arrange the room with huge furniture all around. What a project. Everything looks like it was just piled in there awkwardly, so I needed to put something pretty on to the walls.

  photo IMG_863blog4_zps14229200.jpg

I have a huge stack of unwanted canvas stretchers, so we pulled a few apart to make these little wooden "windows" and painted them white. On the back, I glued down some pretty scrapbook papers in the colour scheme I want for the room (I'm thinking grey and turquoise?).

 photo IMG_8632blog_zps1be4fd04.jpg

Love the bird pattern!

Aaah! I can't wait to start working on the room, but there are some doors and trim to do left. The new bed is such an improvement that if it weren't for the constant unpleasant dreams, it would be incredibly difficult not to sleep in all day!

No comments: