Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Isolation

Photobucket

Yay, a new painting!

"Isolation and loneliness, a need to feel connected to the world, to have a simple conversation or a lovingly cooked meal. The feeling of becoming stir-crazy and unproductive, sitting on the edge of your seat in anticipation of upcoming events, wishing the wait to be over. Not really living in the moment. Tunnel vision. A buzz. The beginning of a long, rainy and dark season."

Available Here. 

Photobucket

It's quite subtle, but I tried to use the watercolours to create a glazing effect as one would do with oils; I painted the original sketch in greyscale and then added colour on top. It's supposed to create richer colours, though I'm not sure if I noticed much of a difference with the watercolour.

Photobucket

I mixed some of the "Champagne Gold" paint in with the gel medium for a warm, shimmery yet transparent overlay here. You can't tell from the photos but I used the stencil of the birds perched on a branch.

I need more stencils.

5x7 and 8x10 reproduction options are already listed!

No comments: