Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DIY craft display

Photobucket

I'm getting impatient for the fall craft shows so I've been busy putting together a display for my books and prints inspired by this page.

Unfortunately, she didn't have any tutorial images so I had to kind of guess. I took some foam board from the dollar store and cut a few "stair" shaped pieces. Then it was just a matter of cutting out little boards for the actual steps. It was a bit difficult to measure out, and then there was the challenge of putting flat boards together into a 3D shape.

I'm so excited! One of the shows only gave me half of a table space (3x3' at the most...) so I have to work up and up and up! I altered the original design so that I could have a little "shelf" at the bottom for my art journals. :) Can't wait to try it out!

1 comment:

Kat Lees said...

Melissa where did you get this counter top display? I am looking all over for one with at least three shelves for miniatures. kat.lees@aol.com