Tuesday, May 1, 2012

29 Faces Challenge

It has come to my attention that there is an art challenge upon us, starting TODAY! Auuggh!

Anyway it sounds interesting enough: 29 Faces Challenge.

Photobucket

The month of May will be a month of practicing with portraits. I have embarrassing sketchbooks from high school that are nothing BUT pictures of people. Haha, to be specific, I have one that is entirely winged people. How embarrassing. I didn't even notice that until after it was completely filled up.

The point is that this should be a fairly simple challenge. I don't normally like the challenges that shame you into doing something every day (nanowrimo anyone?) because sometimes I just don't want to do it, and when you don't want to do it, it ends up crappy anyway and not very useful. It sounds like a challenge that would be very easy to cheat, actually.

One face. Every day.

BRING IT.

6 comments:

APG Jamie said...

<3

Jenny said...

Beautiful painting Melissa... I think is going to be so much fun... can't wait to see more...

Jenny x

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I generally don't care much for the challenges out there … but this one resonated for me ~ I'm glad it did for you too, because I'm lovin' what I'm seeing already.

Have fun!

Melissa said...

thank you for the reminders in my inbox LOL! I might have completely forgotten already if not for that.

<3<3<3

Anne said...

Your painting is beautiful. I look forward to seeing more.

Ayala Art said...

I love this one too