Monday, January 30, 2012

Step by Step - Cosmic Shower

From the Etsy Listing: "Sometimes, it feels like I am caught in a cosmic wave of fortune and that the entire universe is looking down at me and smiling. This painting is sort of a part two of "Gifts From the Universe", because that is what this feels like. I want to collect all of these gifts and hoard them for myself because I know that one day, they will vanish. Do you save up for a rainy day? Or do you spend every gift fast and feverishly, living in the moment?

I don't know. I want to save them and enjoy them, but I also wish to share them with others who aren't feeling quite so lucky. To spread it around."

Photobucket


I really wasn't sure if I wanted to make this. I expected it to be really lousy, actually. But you have to get the lousy ideas out before any good ones come in. I worked on a small piece of paper because I feel less pressure with them.

Oh, and I lost my kneaded eraser and had no idea how awful it is not to have one! haha.

Photobucket

Threw in colour really quickly here.

Photobucket

Darkened some lines and shadows.

Photobucket

Coloured in some flowers, still a bit skeptical about the whole thing.

Photobucket

Layered some more flowers under the other ones. This is where it gets kind of tedious and I have more memories of whatever was playing on tv than anything else! All I can think of is star trek looking at this now... yeesh.

Photobucket

Threw on some background colour and quit for the night.

Photobucket

Available here.

I added some more layers and cut out some extra flowers to "stick out" from the page because I kind of like it and it matches up with last year's "Gift" painting.

No comments: